Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Working On "Normal" After Surgery

 Today I thought I would get moving and get my blog going again. It's kinda hard at times when you're dealing with cancer. Not the hard part, but the part where your brain wonders if they got everything, will I have to go through radiation? That kinda of wondering. 

I played games again this morning. Then I decided I needed to get off my butt and work on some beading. Since beading is about the only thing I can do right now. I would love to cross stitch, but because of the position of where I hold the frame, I can't work on it. Then there is quilting - which, believe it or not, quilts are heavier than 10 lbs. Which means, yet again, I can't do that. 

I did have some "leakage" yesterday in the arm pit. I'm doing better today. It's sore but then bruising can be sore. I will be going to see my surgeon on Thursday and will find out what the results of the Lumpectomy will be. 

Which put me back to - what to do?! - and beading came up to that. I have had it on the table since Katt was here, but that's okay too. 

I was able to do 2 rows on this. It's the "Fireplace Sophie" photo I generated. I believe her ear should be coming into place on the left side here pretty soon. I'm hoping to see the work of her ear so that I will be wanting to do more beading at a time. It's fun to watch the picture come into focus. 

My arm told me I did enough. Even though I'm left handed and had the work done on the right side, but right side is ackey at times. So, I called it done for today. 

Patrick went golfing in the rain this morning. He's climbing the walls at times too. While he golfs, I try to find time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 

No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...