Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Day After Surgery

 Yesterday I had surgery to remove more of the area where the cancer in my beast was. It was a 2 pm appointment. We arrived at 1 pm and found out I would go in till 3 pm. So, Patrick could walk around and try to find things to do. 

When I got in there, I told the Dr. that "puts me out" that I wanted the same thing we did last time. This was a different doctor. So, he gave me the same stuff, but he also gave me the nausea medication. Without thinking, I took it. That is the medication that I have the opposite effect. So, I was nauseated after coming out of surgery. They gave me more in the IV. So, the whole time after surgery I was nauseated! Then they told me to take ginger tablets because they help. NOPE, my reflux took off! It was BAD! So, when we got home, I went to bed. 

All night last night, I woke with either pain or reflux. It was hourly. Then about 2 am I couldn't go back to sleep till 4 am. Just wasn't my night. 

I'm in more pain than I was the first time. It's expected. I am dealing with the pain and my head not working right. I turn my head and feel like I'm going to pass out. Not fun. 

So, I napped today. I need to get out and walk tomorrow no matter what. Even if I walk one loop. I'm hoping the results will be good, but so far, they keep telling me they don't think it is, and then it comes back that it is. That's life. 

Then today Patrick received a letter saying his oncologist isn't under Medicare through Kaiser. So, he has to get another Doctor. I'm wondering if that could happen to me when I go on Medicare. Time will tell. 

Good news is that my nephew is getting married on my Birthday. In Oklahoma. Sorry, Not going. 

No chance (in the last 2 days) of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...