Monday, January 8, 2024

Meeting And Cleaning Up Day

This morning I decided to go to my Brazilian Embroidery meeting. 

Before I even got out the door - 


I noticed this mess!! Sophie was exploring last night! UGH I sent Patrick the photo and headed out the door!

Our meeting was just Sandy and me. We had such a good time! I didn't take anything to work on, but we chatted the whole time. I did work on getting my word chart done for the Christmas ornaments for this year. I need to get those done so I can start working on them. I will do more later. 

Came home and played for a little bit. Didn't walk because it was raining - not that that should stop me. I then figured I better go and work on the mess Sophie left me with. 

I moved the towel and found more of a mess. UGH

It was time to go through the beads and put them in piles to go back into the containers. It isn't an easy task, because there are colors that are close to others. Plus she emptied about 5 containers completely and I had to figure out what color they were. 


As one can see, there are a TON of beads all over the table. At the top of the mat there is lighter beads that came out of 2 containers. The two at the top of the mat. I picked them up in groups and separated the beads. 


Two and a half hours later, I was able to get the last of the beads on the mat. Then I covered the containers with my baking dish! I'm not going through that again! I have another hours worth of work to do to get the beads back where I want them. I also had to make sure I had the right bead color to the right container. 

I called it done. Then I went and pulled the last of the quilts out. I added the label - I think it's Connie's quilt but not sure. So, the label is there with no name. I need Debbie to check with Connie on Thursday since she didn't answer my email. 

The day is over for me. I'm done. I did get the notification that my test results are in, but I won't look at them right now. I'm going to wait for my surgeon to call me and tell me how it went. I'm afraid to look and want to hear it from him. Today was his day off, so I will probably hear from him tomorrow. If I don't hear by noon, I'll call him. I don't wait to read it, I want to know from the surgeon. If I let Patrick read it, then I will want to know. I'm not ready to know. I want to have one more day of not worrying about it, before I get the truth. I pray it's gone, but there is always a chance it's not. Last time I opened my test results, I found bad news. Maybe this way it will be good news. Hard to say. Tomorrow I will know one way or the other.  Deep breath!

My day was so much fun with Sandy. I enjoyed our chat and I enjoyed spending time with her. It's been hard to find time to be with her lately. AND best of all, it felt good to get out. As for what Sophie did, that is harder to be try and be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


 

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...