Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Made Up My Mind - And Stitched

This morning Patrick was off golfing. I decided to walk, but when I finally got out there, it started raining. So, halfway through it rained. I decided to keep going till I got my 3 laps in. Came in with a wet coat and pants. lol Yep, it's Washington weather!

Then I played games. When Patrick came home and decided to nap on the couch, I decided to stitch. 

I was able to get more stitches in. 

Then I remembered I had to check in with my appointment on Friday. As I was doing it, I was getting upset. I don't want radiation and the more I thought about it, the more upset I got. So, I emailed my oncologist to let her know I did not want radiation and I would take the pill for the 5 years I need to. I asked what chances are that I really needed it. Since I was stage "0." She messaged back so fast! She said she would go with my decision and let the radiation oncologist know that I was turning down treatment. That took a big chunk off my shoulders. I told Patrick a long time ago that I wouldn't do radiation or chemo if I got cancer. I have had a change of mind. BUT when there is such a low chance of it coming back, and a low chance that radiation will help, I said NO. I even cried when I made that decision. It wasn't an easy one to make. But I am happy with my decision. Now I can get back to being the person I am and not worry about what would happen if I had radiation. My daughter called and chatted with me. It felt good to have the support of my family.

Then my cousin, from prison, called. We chatted for about 30 minutes. Once that was over it was already 8:30 pm. So, I couldn't get back to what I wanted to. Now, it's time to call it a day, and what a day it was! At least I found time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...