Saturday, April 18, 2020

Feels Like a Years Gone By......

It's been an interesting day. I sometimes think it's been forever since we were able to enjoy our times with friends. Patrick doesn't get to have coffee with friends, I don't get to go to meetings and enjoy my friends. It's only been a couple months, but it feels like a year has gone by. Yet I know it will be a good year before we will be safe again. It's going to be interesting where we go from here.

So, my day was working on trying to find something for dessert. Didn't have much luck. I did find a few things but of course we didn't have the supplies I needed to make them.

Then I got to work on my beading. Patrick went out to the garage and worked on his golf clubs. He put new handles on them. Reminded me of when he would make golf clubs and sell them when we lived in Pullman.


I was able to get another 6 rows in before Patrick wanted to watch a couple movies. He came in after Teri stopped by with some flour for me. I was thrilled. Now I don't have to try and look for more flour.

While we watched TV - 2 very old movies that were good! - I was able to get more cross stitching done.


I've changed the colors up a little. I added the red and black in the hair. My family has red heads as well as black haired family members. The red is in the left corner and the black is in the middle. I'll be adding more as I get working. I was able to get a page done.


This is the page I was working on. It's practically finished.


I then went and finished a few stitch on this page. Now it's done. So, at this rate, I have 2 pages done. I will think about how I'm going to put the names in later. I'll just get it all done first. I changed the outlines of the flowers. I decided to use the outline stitch for "other stuff" on the flowers as well. If I had outlined it with the colors it called for, it would be missed and you won't know there were flowers there. It's so much pastel that it gets lost in the viewing. So, I wanted to give it a pop to be seen.

It turns out that practically (now) very day is Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...