Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Looking For The Next Project

This morning was a quiet morning. I was working on laundry (doing a better job then yesterday).

Then I got to work trying to decide what I wanted to do next. Then I remember hearing Sophie in my closet, where she was into something. I decided to clean out the side of my closet that has my cross stitch bars. There I found my Precious Moments book and pattern for the Precious Moments Family Tree that I worked on back in the 80's or 90's. I wanted to do the tree for my kids.


I found she had ripped a couple of the pattern pieces. Oh, crap. I can still use one of them and I was smart enough to make more than one copy of the pages. So, I went looking for the piece to work on. I then took off the piece I was going to do from yesterday.


So, decided to get the Family Tree done first. Then I posted on Instagram this photo and the photo of the Mayflower. I asked everyone to choose which one they wanted to see me working on. I'll check it again in a day or two to see what I'll be doing. So far it looks like it will be the Mayflower first and Santa second.


Of course, Sophie had to be in on my picking and putting stuff together!

Once all that was decided, I went to work on my beading.


I was able to get a good 6 rows done. I'm around the 23rd row. It's coming along faster now that I changed the bead that was breaking. I'm so happy I did that!

Then I went to work on the Family Tree piece.


I was able to add the clouds on the left.....but I have to take that section out! I made a mistake and it's not lining up. I found the mistake in the top cloud to the left of the center cloud. So, that line on the left, is coming out tomorrow! I did get more done tonight though. I worked on the center area.

I also got my sourdough going for bread tomorrow night. I can't wait! I love my sourdough bread. Trouble is, I need to find more flour! They haven't had it in the stores when I go.

It's been a good day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...