Thursday, April 30, 2020

Another Day That Changed As I Got Started

This morning I was up and enjoying my games. Then I decided to get going with my beading.

I was able to get 3 rows in.....


I figured I could get a good 10 to 15 rows in.....then the phone rang. You know those phone calls that you shouldn't answer but do.

My daughter in law's father called asking me if I could make some face masks for his work. I told him I would be happy to. I really am happy to do that for them.

So, downstairs I went. I figured it wouldn't take long. I wanted to get a dozen. Then I remembered I had to do a couple bigger ones, for those that are like Patrick, and the small ones doesn't work so well for him. I thought I could do 6 of each. I started out doing the bigger ones. I got 5 of them done and started on 4 of the small ones. Then Patrick said I needed some "manly" colors. So, I had to find a few more "manly" colors.


The flower one is for Mikes wife.


I now have about 18 masks made. Mike only needed 6. I told him I would do 12 so he could have some extra. At this rate, I can give a few of the rest away, and Mike can pick what he wants. I'll call him tomorrow to let him know they are done. I had told him I'd have them tomorrow for him.

Then funny part was, it took a little longer than I thought. I added more to the list and kept going. Patrick came down as said, "Do you realize it's 5:30?" All because I had supper in the oven. I came up and we had supper. Then I said, "It should only take about another hour." Yeah, right! I got carried away AGAIN, and 8 pm arrived quicker than I expected. So much for "only an hour."  Patrick didn't mind. Actually he was helping me with the elastic. He has them all ready for me to sew the elastic together and then hide them. So, I still have a little more to do tomorrow. I'm okay with that. It was nice to have something different to work on. Which means, my beading had to wait. Tomorrow!

I can actually say - today - I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!=

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...