Monday, April 20, 2020

Off My Route....Oh, My!

This morning started to change the route today.

We started out with going to Safeway. We ended up buying a lot more then usual. We have been going once a week for groceries. Today we bought a few things that we don't usually buy. The aisle had a one way on them, but most of us were going the wrong way. I got us on track, but it was funny how many others didn't know about the one way. Then Patrick turns around in a aisle once in awhile. I couldn't believe it. Once we got it all, we stopped at Phil's to drop off a few things, a pick up some veggies from him. His garden is awesome and he's sharing. Once that was done, we went to moms and dropped off the 3 quilts, milk, and some fabric for Georgie. I need to send her a message and tell her. Then we came home.

Once all the food was put away, I worked on cutting up the bags.


Once I had them cut once, I took a break and then went to work on a Orange Meringue Pie.


Needed a cup of orange juice and we bought some oranges for that. I pulled out the old juicier we have had since I was a kid. That much was 1 orange! Only took 2 oranges to get the cup I needed.


I was able to get it all done. It turned out really good! I was thrilled my meringue worked out. Grandma would be proud! lol

After all that was done, I took care of my 65 tickets from Safeway. We didn't get much out of them. Then I went back to putting the plastic bags together.


I ended up with 2 huge rolls. I put them down there with the other 4 rolls I had down there. They aren't as much. Patrick was getting tired of my noise. That plastic gets crinkly and do make a lot of noise. I will need to work on getting this crocheted into bags. I am looking forward to seeing if it will work. It's called recycling. Guess I'm going a little overboard with it, but what the heck.

Then I was going to work on my beading.....till I realized what time it was. After doing my exercises, I got to work on my cross stitching.


Really didn't get much done, but I was working on the girl angel. I will have it done tomorrow. I'm sure.

It was really nice to have the route mixed up. Don't think it will change the "Ground Hog Day," but it was worth a try. I wish we didn't have those protests out there. I think they just messed us up and we will be starting all over. There is another wave that will go through and right now Lewis County is growing in numbers and deaths. I'm hoping it will stop soon. If everyone stays home it would help, but we saw way too many people out today. Yet we stay home except for one day a week to go to the store and drop stuff off at moms. Oh, well, time will tell.

In the meantime I'm still staying Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...