Sunday, April 25, 2021

A Baking Day.....With Cross Stitch

 This morning I wanted to do the chocolate cake that we got the recipe from Food Network. It was one of Alex's recipes. I took all the stuff out to get to the "room temp." Once that was there, I started to get to work on it. It was one of those recipes that takes time. It took 6 eggs and a lot of chocolate. I worked hard, and did everything it said to do.......came out of the oven, and was dense! I couldn't believe how it came out. I waited the hour that I had to in order to add the frosting. I did the frosting as she said.....Yeah, no! That turned out bad!!

I wanted something "nice" for my father and brother-in-law. Yeah NO!! I cut 2 piece out of the cake, because I would be embraced to give this to them. Patrick liked the flavor, but I didn't. I really didn't care for this! It ended up in the trash - after a good 8 hour preparation. UGH

We cleaned up the house to get ready for the in-laws. Then I took a break and worked on my cross stitching. 


I was able to do something right today! This went well. I was working on squaring it up. I'm getting there. I got the right side done, and started to work on the bottom area. Then I will work my way around the left side. After that, I will work each 10 x 10 area as I go along. I can see the coat of Santa with what I did tonight. It's looking good and I'm really happy with the way this is coming out - a heck of a lot better than that cake! 

I don't think I have made that bad of a cake in a very long time! That recipe is going in the trash along with the cake! Made it easier to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...