Monday, April 26, 2021

Family Arriving Today

 This morning I was up and getting laundry done. Patrick went golfing. 

I decided to make some bars for Patrick and his family. It was a new recipe - yeah I know, am I crazy to get another new recipe after yesterday?! Guess so. 

It's Chocolate Toffee bars. I accidently cooked the bottom just about 5 mins over what I was supposed to. Guess yesterday really did throw me off! Anyway, I did the rest of it right. Turned out pretty good from what I can tell. Patrick, dad, and his brother had some before heading to bed. 

I worked on laundry and cleaned up a little bit. Patrick got home around 3:30 pm after golfing. I had him help me for a bit before he let to get his dad and brother. I finished up the bars and then went to get a hamburger at Carl Jr's. I was hunger for a burger and this one was really good. I almost wanted more! Patrick was going to Red Lobster with his family on the way back from picking them up at the airport in Portland. 

I decided to work on my beading then. Now that everything was done. I cleaned up the kitchen and got everything in place. Once all that was done, I listened to the book and beaded. 

I was able to get another 5 rows done. It's getting fun seeing the noise of the deer show up. I'm now at the 380/580 mark. I have 200 rows left to go. I may get there yet. The last 100 is really fast, so I'm looking forward to that. Once I got that done, I sat down to enjoy a few minutes, when Patrick, dad, and Dennis arrived. Of course Sophie took off down the hall when they all arrived. 

We sat and chatted for a good hour and then called it a night. It was an interesting evening for me. I didn't have the TV on. I just listened to my book. It made for a good day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...