Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Another Waiting Game

 This morning I was up and taking my time getting to moms. We didn't have to leave for the eye doctor's (Daisy) till 10:45. Mom called right at 9:20 am saying she received an email saying the time was changed to 11 am. So, I ran and took a 5 min shower and headed out to mom. Patrick went golfing. I arrived about 9:50 am and mom was doing a few things before we headed out to the animal eye clinic in a Tumwater. We arrived at 10:45 am and called the clinic to let them know we were there. They told us the appointment wasn't till 11:45. Mom explained that she got an email saying it was 11, and the gal told her they don't send out emails. They said they would try and get us in early......we all know how that goes! Anyway, I took my embroidery to work on. Mom didn't have anything and was going crazy in the car. She was cleaning out the glove compartment. She didn't bring her phone because it wasn't charged.....but she has a charger in the car. So, she was driving me crazy, but I TRIED to work on my embroidery. 

I worked on the leave on the lower part. I ran out of floss, so I decided not to bother because mom was chatty and we talked. She loved this piece. Daisy didn't end up going into the eye doctor till 12:15 pm. We waited a good hour and a half. Then we stopped at Red Robin to pick up a couple hamburgers. We were eating the fries and onion rings on the way home. We got back to moms and cut the burgers in half. Nancy was able to join us and have a half the burger. I brought my half home. I wasn't hungry tonight, so I didn't eat supper. 

Of course, I couldn't wait! I started my cross stitching!

So, can you guess what I started to work on? I was excited about getting going on this! Sophie also wanted to see what I was doing. She was going after the floss, so I shooed her away. She got ticked off and didn't bother to come near me when I did my exercises. She's always there, but not tonight. 


 I was able to get a lot done tonight. Not as much as I would have liked, but it is started and I'm thrilled. I will work on it tomorrow night. 

That kept me - all day long - Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...