Friday, April 9, 2021

More Projects - Keep Coming!

This morning I was up and off to moms. I took my quilting with me. I did get a few stitches in on that. Not as much as I would have liked, but I'm having a hard time trying to finish it. 


I did get a little farther than this. Not a lot. I was able to go around the flowers and stems of the applique area.  I had to leave early so I could go up with Patrick for his CT scan. 

Before I left, mom gave me a piece of embroidery that she found when she cleaned out her closet. This was my 2nd great mother's work. 


This is the back of the work. I love what my 2nd great grandmother did! It was started in 1936. 


This is the front. It's supposed to be cut work. I'm not going to cut it. There is another area that needs to be finished. The pattern and the floss are still there. Even the needles she was using. I'm going to try and finish it. It doesn't have a lot of work to do. I'm not sure if I could do as good a job as she did, but I'm going to try. This is a piece by Sarah Ann Birge True Johnson. 



I decided to throw this piece away. Didn't like it, wasn't happy with it, and didn't want it. Will try something else or even do this another time. I was just not happy with it. Too big, too much hassle etc.

While we went to Olympia, I fell asleep in the car. I guess I was tired. When we got there, I worked on my Wild Orchard embroidery. 


I worked on the big leaf and then put the smaller lighter piece on. That's when Patrick came out. I had the big leaf almost done and I took it out. I didn't like the work I was doing, so started over. I could have been working on more, if I hadn't ripped out the leaf. 

We stopped at the grocery store and then came home. Had to pick up hamburger for tomorrow. Nick and Joanne are coming over. I will have to vacuum and pick up my beads from the table. Wash the table cloth and put another one on. 

At least I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!




No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...