Thursday, April 15, 2021

Another Volunteer Day

 This morning I was up and played a few games. I did get a load of laundry in. 

Debbie arrived and we went to the fairgrounds to volunteer our time as "scribes." We were early, so we had lunch. They provide lunch and breakfast. They told us they needed more volunteers on Sunday, so Debbie and I signed up for Sunday morning. 

We headed over to the "farm" area, where the cars go through the "tent." It's more like a open garage area. It has 2 lanes with tables on each side. We had 6 tables. I was on the "first" (last) table. Cars that came in went straight to us, then were stopped at the other tables as they came in. We worked from 12:30 to 4:15 pm. They didn't have a lot of cars going through. There was only about 800 today that were scheduled. Not sure how many we actually did. There were a lot of openings. This was the 2nd shot. So, I did expect more people to show up. 

When we finished, I took another sandwich and a half a cinnamon roll. Debbie took 2 of the sandwiches and half of the cinnamon rolls. Patrick doesn't do sandwiches, so I didn't want to take another one. I do like the sandwiches that I had today. We left around 4:15 and home by 4:30. I was scheduled till 5 pm and I think that's because they expect times to be busy and running behind. So far, they haven't been that busy and haven't ran behind. 

I have had a headache all day long. The allergies are killing me. I am to the point of wanting to go bed. I hope this will go away. I scheduled my doctors appointment for the week of my Birthday. Hoping Patrick will still be in the hospital then. He thinks he will be home that day, but I'm thinking it will be at least 7 days. It all depends on his recovery time. He has bounced back fast, so who know. 

As much as I wanted to be beading or cross stitching, I was happy to be volunteering. It makes is easier not to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!




No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...