Sunday, June 13, 2021

Actually Had A Plan - Sort Of Worked

Today I wanted to work on my QOV stuff. - It sort of worked - 

I went downstairs to get back to getting the quilt done. I wanted to get it close to being finished. 

THEN I SAW the mess I have downstairs. I had to go through the fabrics that Sue gave us. All good. But then there is a box of strips. UGH I found blocks of different colors, different sizes, and not yet completed. I got rid of the really small fabrics that are hard to work with. Then I went back and sewed on the quilt. That didn't last long! I went back to organize the boxes. I put the blocks and panels in one box, bigger pieces of fabric in another, and the third has scrappy pieces. Back to working on the quilt. Didn't get very far when I decided to pick up the mess on the floor. 

Called mom and was telling her about all the strips of fabric I have. We decided to sew them together and cut them into blocks. I called Nancy to see what pattern she had, and we decided to do all this on Thursday. - Went back to work on the quilt. 

I have the top row sewn together. I also have more blocks for the bottom. I need 2 more rows to add. 

Now I have plenty of fabric as well as panels and blocks. I'm hoping some of the other quilters will come and get some of this fabric. I have more QOV fabric than I have of my own fabric! AND I HAVE A LOT! This is a challenge. I'm hoping we can finish a top on Thursday. I am close to getting this one done as well. I will keep working on it. Once I get this going, I can pull out the blocks and panels. Then I can get a few of those done as well. The church might get more quilts than they want, but we need to keep our stash up there. I know Debbie will be coming for some fabrics as well. At this rate, I won't need to order fabric for a long time - other than the backing. 

At this rate, I won't be anything but Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

 

No comments:

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I w...