Saturday, June 26, 2021

Heat Wave Arrived

This morning we were out the door by 8:30 am to pick mom up and head to Kent. It was already 70 degrees. The trip to Kent went pretty good. Only had one area where we had to stop and go on I5. It took a good hour and forty minutes to get there. Not a bad deal. I5 South was packed. They were going stop and go the whole way. At least we were not going to the beaches - like everyone else going south. 

We arrived a few minutes before the services of my Aunt Bev's celebration of Life. It was a really nice service. Aunt Bev would be proud of her family. It was long. 


My Aunt, a beautiful woman that had it hard in her early life. After she met and married my Uncle Bill, her life was easier. She never complained and she was always happy. Her laugh was wonderful. She was a favorite among us nieces and nephews. She did get Covid, so I believe she actually died of Covid. She hated being locked up in her care center. I would have too. May she rest in peace. 

It was 100 degrees when we left at 1:30 pm. We went to Tacoma to the Spaghetti Factory. It was really good. By the time we got home it was 4:30 pm and 102 degrees. It went up for a little bit more. This is the start of the next two days. We are supposed to reach 114 degrees by Monday. Breaking records like crazy this weekend. 

Came home and we are spending our day and nights downstairs, because it's a heck of a lot cooler down here than up there. The next 3 days I will be down here. Can't deal with the heat. Maybe I can be working on stuff down here, and be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...