Sunday, June 27, 2021

Another HOT Day!

 Patrick and I over slept. It was nice because we slept downstairs in the spare bedroom. When we got up and headed to Safeway, it was 92 degrees at 10:30 am. We figured it would reach 100 by noon. 

Got to Safeway and found all the cold food gone or covered up. We couldn't get to the cold stuff other than the milk. We picked up what we could. 

Came home and headed downstairs. 


I then went to work on cutting the backing and batting for the quilt tops. I had to wash the backings, and was glad it's upstairs and not downstairs. At least I was able to get it ready. Texted Rita to tell her it wasn't coming tomorrow. I will take it over on Tuesday or Wednesday. Not going to go in the heat tomorrow. 

I really didn't do anything else. Been playing games instead. Watched TV as well. Chatted with Sharon and mom. Other than that, I've been lazy. 

The temp reached 107 degrees today. One has to realize WA state is not used to this high a temp so early in the year, let alone this high. Our temp at the house said 108 degrees and there was still an hour to go before it starts to cool down. It's still 92 degrees right now, so really, really glad I'm sleeping downstairs. 

Maybe tomorrow I will do more, who knows, it's supposed to reach 114 tomorrow. We will see. Looking forward to getting back to being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...