Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Working Hard Today

 This morning we went to moms. Patrick bought her some bark, dirt, and flowers for her yard. We split up. Mom and I worked in the front yard and Patrick worked in the back on the deck. He hooked up the drip system for the plants. While Patrick was doing that, mom and I were getting the weeds out of the front garden area. Mom also wanted to plant her Lily in that area as well. It's really got a lot of odds and ends in there. The funny part was mom huffing just as much as I was and she's 88 years old. I have breathing issues, and I was huffing and puffing. Between the two of us, we got the weeding done, added the bark and snapped the Rhodies. We didn't get all her Rhodies but did get one done. Then when Patrick was done, he came to help us out with the bark. I had lunch with mom and then we came home. Patrick wasn't hungry, so he finished up outside. 

Came home and I wanted to just sit for a little bit. Then I decided to pull out my cross stitching. Of course Sophie was hoping I would pay more attention to her than the cross stitching. She was keeping an eye on Patrick as well. 


I was able to get a good 700 + stitches done. I'm working on the side of the this piece. I'm close to the edge, but there is enough for framing. I am working on the stair step method right now. I'll do this side that way for awhile. Should be fun. I'm getting part of Santa done on that side. I do like working on this. 

I had thought about going downstairs to work on the QOV quilt. I really do need to get it done, since we are giving 5 away tomorrow and another 4 on the 24th. We gave away 4 last time too. So, with 13 of the 20 quilts gone, we need to keep up with the requests. I have an idea for another one as well. If I can get a couple quilts over to the church, that would help. 

Even with yard work, I can still be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...