Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Back To Piecing Quilts Again

 As much as I said I didn't like quilting as much as I used to. Sometimes I wonder if I ever really loved quilting. I have made several quilts in my life time, but I find I would rather cross stitch, bead, do embroidery or something else. I may be a 6 or 7th generation quilter, embroiderer, but I'm thinking that's where the line will end. Katt doesn't like to quilt. She's not a handwork person. Who knows, Phillip may surprise me and quilt. 

That being said, I found my morning downstairs working on a QOV quilt. 


I made a few more half square triangles. I needed a few more that were different from what I had. I also need to make a few more of the red. I will do that another time. I have enough now to finish this quilt and start another one. I know I will have a few quilts made with this scrap quilt design. I have a ton of scraps, so it will go fine. To my surprise, I actually enjoyed working on this quilt. I think part of that is because it's for a Veteran. 


I sewed the first 6 rows together in sets of 2. 2 rows are sewn together, and the next 2 rows are sewn together. I have 4 more rows to go. I will work on getting those made soon. Tomorrow after my doctors appointment in Olympia I will stop at moms and work on a different scrap quilt. We are trying to get a few more QOV quilts to the quilters at the church. Since we are going through quilts, we need to get moving again. 

Came back upstairs around 3 pm to work on some beading and listen more to my book. The Audiobook is, "Bury Your Dead" by Louise Penny. I believe it's book #4. I really do like this series of mysteries. It's based in the Montreal, Canada area. Then I got busy. 


I was able to get 2 more rows. I think I got 3 but will say 2. I'm NOW at 464/580.  I think I put the wrong row yesterday. This is fun. I'm liking this. I need to mark more of my pages soon. I'm getting to the point of running out of my numbered pages. I will probably sit done tomorrow night and start counting the rows. 

Today turned out to be a fun and enjoyable day. And it was a day to myself. Patrick went to the golf course to shoot some balls. I stayed and worked on my quilt top. I also did a few other things while down there too. That's what it's all about - being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...