Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Sent The Afternoon Quilting

 This morning I was up and out the door for my doctors appointment. Working on getting my IBS under control. Oh, what fun. On my way to the appointment, where I turned to go into the hospital area, there was a LONG line of homeless parked on a 3 block area. I was shocked to see them all. 

After my appointment, I headed to moms. We are working on all those scraps from Sue K. She got the strips cut and sewn together. 

Mom had a good stack of strips ready for the quilt blocks. 

Nancy showed up, so we ended up doing a line of stuff. I cut and trimmed the blocks, mom sewed and then ironed. Nancy ironed then sewed the blocks together. It turned out pretty good. 

I tried to lay them out on the floor to see how they would turn out. 

I was getting some help from both dogs. Shelby and Daisy. 


Wasn't so lucky. But we did get the idea of how it will work out. I do like the way it's turning out, considering it's a scrap quilt. We are using a lot of the strips and scraps that were there. I need to take more to mom tomorrow. Chances are we will get a couple quilts out of these. It's taking some time but mom had a lot done before I got there. Nancy was about 20 mins behind me. It will be interesting to see how they turn out. I may wind up with more quilts tops at this rate, to take to the church. I have plenty of thread for them, so it will work out I'm sure. 

Came home around 4:30 pm and then relaxed the rest of the day. It gets hard on the back to stand that long. I will be going over there again tomorrow to see if we can get a top done. I will take some more fabrics that will help in getting the scraps all done. I just need to get as much out of the scraps as I can. Mom cut me more squares, so I have more colors for the variation 9 patch I've been working on. I have enough for another quilt top as well. So, I may do that pattern in stars on the next one. Will have to wait and see how that comes out. I don't want to do quilts, but I will do QOV quilts. I have way too much in progress downstairs, but the QOV quilts are more important to me then my "WIP's" or "UFO's." I would rather work on my beading and embroidery than quilting. I'm loving the QOV quilts though - go figure! 

I guess that means, even when I work on projects, I'm still Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Worn Out

 Today I slept a little longer after Patrick went golfing. I was wide awake when he went for his shower, but I made myself go back to bed.  ...