Monday, June 14, 2021

Keeping Busy With QOV Projects And More

 Today Patrick was up and out the door before me. He had a doctors appointment and I wanted to get to moms before I got to our BE meeting. 

Arrived at moms around 9 am. Dropped off the strips and some fabrics for her to organize the strips. I also told her I could use more 3" and 3 1/2" squares for the variation 9 patches. I stayed and chatted with her for about 30 mins and then headed out to my BE meeting. 

Sandy beat me there. I picked up my ice tea and coffee for Sandy. Bev showed up later. We had a really good visit and stayed longer than usual. 

First off, I worked on the floss that needed to go in the box. I put another 25 floss' in the box. (Not sure what the poral is). It feels good to finally have all the colors done in the box. 

Then I got working on the Wild Orchard piece. 

I then got to work on the flower. I took the middle one out at least 2 times. I was trying to remember how to do this. The first 2 I did was wrong and didn't work. Then I thought about putting another needle on the right side to get it to be a little bigger. It was way to loose and I took that out as well. Then I finally got back on track and got the right and then left one done. It turned out great. The little white spot in the middle of the center one is where the dye didn't get covered. I'm hoping when I wash it, the dye will cover that white spot. If not, it will be a "natural" thing. 

Came home. Then sat and chatted with Patrick. Didn't do much after that. Till he went to take a nap, and I went to work on my beading. 


I got 3 rows in before supper and then got another 3 rows done afterwards. I'm around about 464/580 rows. I'm happy with the way it's coming. I hope to get to that 100 rows left to do. I'm really getting close. 

I'm going in 4 different directions. I have the beading I want to get done. I have the QOV quilt that I want to get done. I have my BE project that I'm getting excited about getting done! AND I have the scrap quilt that I'm working with Nancy and Mom to get done. Can't seem to make up my mind!

Mom called to say she has a big pile of squares for me. She also has a bunch of strips that she sewed together and cut the blocks out already. I will take more fabric over there and the white to finish the blocks. We will work on those Wednesday and Thursday, unless mom gets going and get them done before we get there. I think there is enough strips that we will have more than one or two quilts out of all that. At least we will get more quilts done with the scraps that we have. I'm not a scrap person, but if it works, I'm game! 

That's what keeps me going and Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...