Saturday, June 5, 2021

Trying To Finish A Quilt

 Today was another one of those days, where we wanted to get shopping done. So, we headed over to Safeway to do the monthly shopping. Funny how that works, we get stuff and then the rest of the month we go back and get what we didn't get the first time. I like the European way of shopping - daily. That way you get what you need for the day and call it good. That would be a lot easier. 

After doing all that, we came home and I thought I would go downstairs and play my game, since Patrick was watching golfing. Not my show to watch. I played for a little bit, listening to my book on Tape by M. C. Beaton. Then I thought I would trim my half square triangles. Once I got into that, I started to do some sewing. I got more blocks done. 

I need to trim a few more half square triangles in the red. I have plenty of the blue. At this rate, I may have a couple quilts done with this pattern. I cut more squares yesterday and added them to the stack. I am having fun doing this, I just need to get down there and work on it. I'm not sure what the boarder will be. That will be decided later. 

I also was trying to think of how I will do another eagle for my brother's quilt. I may put it on the pillow. He wanted something made by me, so I will work on it. Something happened to the eagles I made for my brothers, so I need to think of something else that I can do for Chris. I have accepted what was done, not happy about it, but have excepted it. I may just leave it as it is. Time will tell. 

By the time I came upstairs is was past time to get supper going. I made fried chicken and it turned out awesome. Just need to do my spices next time. Once supper was over and I did my exercises, I decided I wasn't in the mood to do anything else. I may go downstairs tomorrow and work on the quilt again. We will see how it goes. At least it keeps me Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...