Friday, June 18, 2021

Quilting Day With Mom and The Rest

 Today I headed over to mom for our quilt meeting. I arrived early and we started working on cutting the fabrics. 

Everyone started to arrive and while mom cut the squares, I worked on the strips. I would give her 3 and 3 1/2" strips to cut into squares. We all got the tubs out and went through each of them. We divided them into groups - large fabrics, medium fabrics, small ones and scraps. Filled the tubs back up. Then I went and cut the strips of the scraps. I actually went through 2 of the smaller boxes. Then mom called a little bit ago to say she finished another box. We will go through the tubs later to mark the sizes of the bigger fabrics. 


This is one of the smaller boxes that we were filling with the squares. This is what mom filled tonight. I brought home the left squares (3") to add to the ones I'm working on now. It will be fun to work on. Thinking I may do a few blocks that are blue/red. I'm going to think of how I want to do it. Should be fun. 

When everyone left, mom and I worked on the quilt top. We added the next border. Then it was time to leave. I brought her home with me so we could go out to eat in town. Stopped at Phil's and enjoyed a good visit with me. Mom loved seeing him and I think he was thrilled to see her too. 

Then we took mom home and came home. Tomorrow I will add the last border on the quilt top and then try to get my quilt top done. If I get it done, I can drop the quilts off at the church and work on more scrap quilts later. We are going to do another strip quilt and may use the red where the blue borders are. Need to wait and see it tomorrow. Can't wait to finish and get a photo of it. 

I've surprised myself with being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...