Thursday, June 24, 2021

Quilts Of Valor Presentation Day

 Today was our day to honor more Veterans. We had the honor of honoring Dennis Lampert, US Coast Guard and USAF Reservist, Duane Fuehr, Coast Guard serving in Vietnam, and Bob Menegleini, Coast Guard.

Honoring them was a pleasure. They were a "kick" and fun to honor. 

Bob Menegleini received a quilt made by Debbie. 


Debbie and my mother were presenting the quilt for him. 


Duane received this quilt. I'm not sure who made this one. We did have one of the quilts made by Stitch 'n Peace, who often donate quilts to honor veterans with. 


He was a lot happier than he looks. lol This was a blast!


Dennis Lampert received this quilt, presented by my mother and Hildi. This quilt was made by Stitch 'n Peace. 


He told everyone he was receiving a quilt today. Only 2 people came to see his presentation. Shame more didn't come to see what we do. 


All three were US Coast Guard Veterans. I was an honor! They were able to enjoy telling stories back and forth about their service with the Coast Guard. 

I'm hoping to get my cousin signed up soon. When I do the presentations, I don't usually come home and work on stuff. I just like to enjoy my day by giving quilts to veterans. Even when I'm not Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...