Sunday, March 13, 2022

Change In Time

 This morning I was up at 7:30 am to find out it was 8:30 am. Patrick slept in later, so it was 10 am before I showered. UGH Not liking this time change. 

I had a message from Debbie that she needed backing and batting. So, I went down to cut the batting and backing for her. I had the quilt to be bound for her to work on as well. Sent the message back that I had them done. She arrived in a short time after that. She has 2 quilts ready to go to Connie. 

I took down the eagle panels and decided I needed to get some of these blocks done and out of my stash of QOV stuff. No one seems to want blocks, so I end up working on them. It's fine, but I have to be in the mood. I started out with doing the bigger blocks of the variation 9 patches that I had. 


This is after I was taking it down. I didn't have enough blocks to finish this one. I have the blocks to do as this is the size I have in the box. I will put them together and then put a red sash between them. Otherwise it's way too busy. 

Then I pulled out all the smaller blocks that are about 7 1/2". I started sewing them in the star shape - which is to the right of this photo. 


I used all the blocks up that I had. This is what it will look like when done. I have 1 block to make, and then sew it to the 15" blocks. That belongs in the lower area. Second from the left. I'm happy to say, this will be done soon. I'm not sure if I want to add a border, but think it will need one just for the binding anyway. I am happy to have this much done! It felt good to work on this and get some of the blocks out of my box. I have a lot more to go, but this is quilt 1 out of 3 that I have set to work on.  Before I knew it, it was 3 pm. I thought I had that extra block and sewed it up - to find that it was the bigger size block. So, I may have to cut some pieces to get that last block done yet. 

Then before I knew it, it was time to go bowling. I didn't do so well. Just wasn't with it as they say. I bowled a 140, 158, 140. Started and finished as bad as I felt bowling. I will probably loose a pin in my average. UGH. We did win 3 games. Nick bowled a 701 and Dan bowled a 698. They were both on it! (Dan is my adopted son so to speak). 

Even though the time change has been hard at times because times goes faster, I was still Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...