Sunday, March 6, 2022

Finding More Work

 This morning I thought I might work on my QOV stuff. We all know how that goes! I can't seem to stay on tracked. 

So, I played for awhile. Waiting on the heater (or fireplace) downstairs to heat the room up. It didn't heat very fast. But I did go down and get working on the backing of the 2 quilts that need to go to Connie's. I started out doing the first backing, then sewed some labels to the fabric softeners sheets. I did 7 of them. Then I ironed the second backing. Once that was done, Sharon called. So, while she was on the phone, I finished up the ironing and started working on the quilt that Patrick and I worked on. I asked him about leaving the Card Tricks blocks at 11" and adding a border around those blocks. He liked that idea and said to go ahead and still do the blue sashing. 


I trimmed the blocks to size, then I cut the red to size as well. I cut it too wide - almost 2" and found that I cut off a good 3/4" to 1". So now I know. I will cut the rest of these around 1" instead. When these are done, then I will add the blue sashing. It should be fun to see how this comes out. 

Around that time it was time to head to the bowling alley. I bowled pretty good. I guttered on a spare! That messed my game up. I bowled a 183 instead of a 200!! Then I bowled 174, and 176. We won all four games. It went fast because 2 of their bowlers were missing. 

Between bowling and QOV it makes for a good day of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...