Tuesday, March 15, 2022

From One Thing To Another

 This morning Sharon called and chatted. She is having trouble with the second set of the Santa's I have been working on - beading. I told her I didn't have any trouble with the 2 I did. She keeps hinting I wrote the pattern down wrong. I haven't had that problems, so wonder if her stroke part is affecting that for her. She has the first and third set done. 

Then Lisa from MDG's (Marshal's Dry Goods) called and we worked out a deal with returning some of the backing and getting another one. They have the best customer service I've seen in a long time!

When all that was done, I went downstairs to work on the quilt I have on the wall. 


I started here. I had to make another block to finish the blue. As I was trimming the blocks and sewing them up I realized I didn't put the set (first blue on the top) together. So, I had to do that as well. 


I have the first 3 rows ready. Then I have 2 pieces to the 4th row. I will then trim and put the bottom row together. Once all that is done, I can sew each row and finish this up. 


I also put another block like this together. I have 8 more to go. 3 are done. I really am getting frustrated with having to do this. But I'm going to get it done! I know I am! That is the next quilt when the one on top is done. I'm really tired of having all these blocks to work with. No one else seems to want to work with them. I found in both of them, I have to square things up. Not my favorite thing to do. 

I called it a day - half way in the mood to work on it, so got tired of it after about 2 hours. Came up and got to work on finishing the binding of the quilt Christie made for her brother. I have to have it done by Saturday, so the good news is the binding is done, the label is about 3/4's done. 

Even though I haven't been able to work on my own stuff I seem to still be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...