Sunday, March 20, 2022

Finishing Up The Quilt Top

 This morning started out to be a cleaning day. We got the laundry going, cleaned the new wood floors, and worked on getting the rest of the house vacuumed. We did the full stuff. 

Once that was done, I headed downstairs. I needed to get the last border on the quilt I've been trying to get done all week.

It's bright and looks good. I then had to get the backing and batting ready. I ended up cutting backing for 3 quilts (one is Christie's). Each one has a different color. Didn't want to mess Connie up on which goes with what. It will look better after it's quilted. Won't mark it done till it comes back to me. 


This is the process of getting the backing and batting cut. I have to roll it out on the floor and then cut it to the size I need. I don't think the church realizes how much work that is for me to cut it 4" bigger all the way around. I have a hard enough time cutting it this way. Connie doesn't mind my doing this, so not sure why the church would. I think it's because of the other batting we used that was a different size. Ours is 108" wide. That helps a lot. Connie is going to match up the batting and make pieces out of it. 

I was going to put the binding on my quilt, but after I got this far and needed to get supper started, I called it day. I was out of breath when I came upstairs. Having to cut 3 backings and battings does take a lot out of my breathing. Something I have to learn to adjust to. There isn't anything right now we can do about it - and I don't want to take meds just to take them. So, I usually do well with getting up and down, but today wasn't my day. I'm okay with that, I got it done anyway. 

It's bowling night. Not that it was a good night. JoAnn and Nick were gone on a cruise, so we were the team. We did win one game, but couldn't bowl worth spit. I bowled a 158, 190, 148. Not my night. In the last game Patrick told me to move a board. I did and split the 2 times I did that. Went back to were I was and bowled better. What a pain in the butt!! At least I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...