Saturday, March 5, 2022

Getting Ready To Sew

 This morning we decided to go do moms taxes and then go out to eat. I called and got that arranged. Nancy would come along. Then I got to work on laundry. 

I ordered beads today. I also order a spool of black. I'm going to work on an ornament when we are on the cruise - I hope - and wanted to be sure I had the beads I needed. I ended up ordering from High Street Beading Company in Mississippi. I also ordered from Aura Crystal beading company. Think they are in RI. - Advertising sometimes shows up for that one. I'm happy to advertise for them as it's well worth buying from both companies. 

Once that was going, I pulled out the blocks that I have for QOV. They are blocks that other members do, and then give to me for those of us that put the tops together. We figured out what to do for 3 quilts. 


This was one set of blocks. We decided it needs to be sashed. So, I need to cut the sashing pieces and put it all together.  


After looking at the first photo, we decided to change the bottom red block. It make it look better. 

Then we pulled out more blocks and started on another one. 


The Card Tricks block is smaller than the stars, so I am going to have to cut them down a little. This will have the red sashing to it. I may do something a little different with the sashing but I will think about it and chat with Patrick. He's better at this than I am. 

We then went to moms. The taxes "thing" didn't work. Her computer wouldn't let Patrick do what he wanted. He went to Staples to buy her a CD attachment but changed his mind when he was there. He told her when she buys another computer to make sure she gets the CD compartment to it. We always need to have them with our computers. She said she never uses it, but Patrick told her that there are times when you need one and if you don't have it, it wouldn't work. We brought moms taxes home to work on my computer. 

Nancy and mom where fun to have at dinner. We drove down to Red Lobster in Kelso. It was good. I got something new. Never fails, when it's "Asian" it's HOT. Or a least to me since I don't eat hot food because of my issues. I brought half of it home since there was way too much! Mom and I should have shared. 

I was doing better today when it came to it. I could say that's Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...