Saturday, July 29, 2023

A Day Of Fun

 Ok, I tried to sleep in. Easier said then done. Dad seems to wake the dead when he talks in the morning! Of course my sister in law Chris, seems to always do a big breakfast. So it was sausage, bacon, pancakes, yogurt and fruit. With 3 kinds of fruit and juices.

I went out on the boat to sit and chat with Patrick and Sue. Then the rest started coming on board.  Next thing I know we are off for another sight seeing trip. This may turn into a daily thing. The pontoon boat goes slow. Dennis and Molly went fishing.  Nothing like what we get. 

I tried to nap after working on my beading.  I realized I didn't bring my new wire, I brought the tail end of the spool. So the last of the spool at least got me to finish one more angel.


This makes 3 done. I am hoping to hit the bead shop to get more wire to finish a couple more.

After dad woke me up from my nap, Chris and I took a walk. She showed me the veteran monument they have around here.


Someone removed the emblems of the different branches of the service. Shame.


I took a picture so I could read it later.

We then come back to supper being cooked.  I went back to my embroidery. 

I'm getting a lot done on it. Who knows I may have it finished by the time we leave.

After supper we play Jinga (I think that's the name). 


Patrick always checked with his feet first. 😳 He did good. It dropped on Dennis, then on me before we came 8n to watch a movie, "Shotgun Bride." It was really good. 

A busy day was had by all and I enjoyed being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Back To Presenting Quilts To Veterans

This morning, I was able to sleep in a little.  Thankfully Patrick put the quilts in the car for me. I felt like I was forgetting something ...