Wednesday, July 5, 2023

It's Another Day!

Today I was up after Patrick went golfing. I played games for a little bit before getting moving. I had a call from Diane (from Spokane) that is QOV related. I haven't chatted with her in over 2 years now. We chatted a good 45 mins! She's a blast. We talked about what is going on and she was asking if we still needed quilts. I told her we are doing pretty good right now. I told her we have 59 requests and about 30 quilts ready to present. We are still working on it. 

Patrick arrived while I was chatting. Told him about what we were talking about. Then I went to my email and had to send out a message to all our members. I also had a few things to work on. I couldn't believe my day was running out so fast! It was 2 pm before I could get downstairs! The heat is killing me! We reached 93 degrees and I'm melting! lol 

I headed back downstairs to see if I could get the last 4 rows figured out. 


The last row was on the floor till I could get it sewn together. I did finish sewing the last 3 rows together. Then I took the bottom 2 and sewed them together. I'm working my way up. It's a little dark from the photo, but at least I could use most of the squares I had that needed a home. I ended up with 2 quilts with this set of blocks. I'm happy to see them being put together and done. Hopefully by this weekend I can get it done and off to Connie on Monday. 

I also signed up for 2 Brazilian Embroidery classes. They are Loretta Holzberger patterns. I want to learn a few things with her. Normally I take a class with Debbie Goff but have already done that class, so I'm heading to Loretta's. Only 2 classes this time. One in Sept and one in November. I can handle that. 

Came up and had supper. Then afterwards I couldn't keep my eyes open, so took a nap on the couch. I rarely do that, but for some reason my eyes would not stay open. I was hoping to work on cross stitch this evening - guess sleep was needed more. lol 

Off to Olympia early tomorrow morning. Patrick's test will be done. Should be home before noon. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...