Sunday, July 16, 2023

Another HOT Day! - But A Beading Day!

 Today I did my walking and then noticed the blueberries needed to be picked. I couldn't believe how many blueberries I was able to pick today. I had to take an hour out of my day to pick. Patrick was a sweetheart and took care of the kitty litter. I was going to work on laundry today, but that didn't get far at all. I had to cut a backing and get it washed. 

Then I sat down to work on my beading. I should have known better! I completely forgot I had laundry going. I was listening to my book on audiobooks. 

Because this piece is so long, I seem to only get 3 rows done in an afternoon. I'm getting there. I'm on row 27 now. This is brick work and it's starting to look like the bricks on my fireplace downstairs. This is going to take forever at this rate. lol But I'm in the mood to get more beading done. 

Connie sent me a text to tell me I have holes in my scrap quilt border. She found 2 of them and will put a pin there for me to fix. She said to take a 5 x 5" square and put it in. I'm not liking that idea. I may have to work on some stars or something else to applique over it. I think that will look a lot better. I will pick up the top and work on it. Then give it back to her on Saturday when we have our presentation. Which means I need to do some labels as well. I have 6 or 7 to do. 

I wanted to sit with Patrick, so I stopped beading. Then I pulled out me smaller case that has the beaded angels. I did another change on colors for the next angel. If I did it right this time, I will change the dress of the angel and have it ready to go. I just need to do one first. Then I will get the original pattern and change the dresses on those. I like the first set I did better so far. 

I was able to get this far. So far so good. I will keep working on this one. 

The heat is killing me! I had the fans going every place I've been today. We don't have A/C so it can get very hot upstairs. It's a lot cooler downstairs but I just wasn't in the mood to go downstairs and work. I'm just thrilled I was beading and it keeps me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...