Sunday, July 23, 2023

Judging At Cowlitz County

 Today we were up early and off to pick mom up. We stopped at Starbucks on the way. 

Arrived around 9 am and met the women we were to work with. There was Karen, Karen, Karen and others. lol Karen was the gal that called asking us to judge, Karen 2 helped mom with her quilts and Karen 3 was recording the information as we were going. 

They had some awesome quilts. I had more blues then red or white. I gave 1 white ribbon to someone. I gave about 6 reds. A lot of quilters didn't have the quilts squared up. So, the quilt waved or bulged out. There were more quilt that could have been Blue Plus if they had the quilts squared. 

I think we taught some of the gals what we were looking for. I had one that was half square triangles, and there was no rhyme or reason to the quilt. I tried to see if I could find one, but I couldn't. I judged it on workmanship and not because of the rhyme or reason part. I gave her a blue. After it was judge, I found out it was Karen 2's quilt. She laughed at me about judging this one. She was watching me try to find a rhyme or reason. She said it was a block the guild gave out. She did a good job on the piecing but can't remember if that one had the quilt squared up. I had a couple quilts that would have been in the top running, but the machine quilting was bad on the back. A lot of threads showing. 


This was the quilts after we judged them. There were 100 quilts. We started at 9 am and finished at 2 pm. We had lunch in between. 

Then Patrick came back and picked us up. We stopped at Red Lobster for supper and mom paid because she told Patrick she owed him for his Birthday (January). LOL 

Came home and got backing and batting cut for Val's quilt. Printed labels for Val. Pulled out certificate paper for Debbie. Have a folder for Val and Debbie. Brought up the BE boxes for Sandy to take home. Will stop at Debbie's tomorrow. Taking stuff to Sandy as well. 

I'm still not Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...