Monday, July 10, 2023

Brazilian Embroidery Day

This morning I had a few things to do before going to the grange. When I remembered last night we were going to celebrate Cindy's Birthday, I stopped at Safeway to get her a Starbucks card. Then I changed my mind and bought her a mug. Next was toI stop at Connie's and gave her 2 more quilt tops to work on. She gave me 2 more to sew the binding on. Then I headed McD's for our drinks. 

When I arrived at the grange no one was there. I was surprised because Cindy wasn't even there. I waited a few minutes - I was early about 10 mins - and then Sandy showed up. We went into the grange and chatted while we worked on our projects. I took my Ruth's Farwell. Cindy didn't show up till about 11 am. She isn't usually late, but she was telling us what was going on. I'm a little worried about her since she picked up a hitchhiker. He's staying in her barn. So, it's going to be interesting how that works out. 

I was adding the beads on this. 


I took out the flower at the top left of this loop. It was too big and driving me crazy. Came home and worked on this tonight as well. I have 52 beads that go on this piece. 


I have 3 1/2 of the loops done with beads. I will try and finish it tomorrow and add that flower to cut out. I'm happy with the way it's coming along. I will block it after I was it so that the bullions lay right. 

Had to go to moms after the grange. We left around noon and I went straight to moms. There I was helping mom with her credit card. She was upset and couldn't reach the credit card (Citibank) to help her out. I ended up being on the phone for over 3 hours between Citibank and the credit union where mom banks. Hopefully things will be fixed by tomorrow. Mom was in tears when I got there. We ended up canceling her credit card because she's had nothing but trouble since they made her change it to her name. It was fine before - but then it was in dad's name. Mom had sent payments to the credit card but they were send to the wrong account. So, the back was going to track the payments and have them redirected to the correct account. 

By the time I got home I was tired. I got supper going and then after supper I worked on the embroidery. I was starting to fall asleep but made myself stay awake so I could get to sleep tonight. It's frustrating to have to fix moms problems - that she did & blame the company instead of herself - but what more frustrating is when she says, "I know I'm so stupid." I hate it when she does that. I keep telling her she's not and not to worry about it. I'm just worried that she's not paying attention when she makes payments online. But then again, that's not my problem, it's going to be my brothers when he gets back to WA. I hope it's soon!

My day was busy and yet I could still be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...