Friday, July 28, 2023

On The Way To Escanaba

 This morning we were up at 3:15 am to head to the Portland Airport.  First we went to the parking area. When we arrived at the pick up area, there were at least 10 people waiting.  More came as we were there. The first bus hollered that his bus was full and 3 more busses were behind him. When a bus did show up, it was empty.  We all filled the bus and took off for the airport.  

We signed in. Then went through TSA precheck. Patrick's bag was missing when I went to collect mine. He had to take his belt off and go back through.  When he asked for his luggage,  the security guy had questions of what was in it. He checked the 6 rolls of quarters that Patrick packed for our game we play. Once that was over, we headed to the terminal. Plane was on time. So we headed to Salt Lake City. Patrick got me a chocolate croissant.  It was soo good!! Fresh and hot. The line for Starbucks took forever! I just wanted a cold drink. I will do the Mobil app next time!!

From Salt Lake we headed to Minneapolis/St. Paul. That was a smooth flight. We ate pretzels from Auntie Ann's. I needed protein so got chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A.  It has been 20 years since I had that. It was still good.

I worked on my embroidery while waiting to get to Escanaba.  

I was able to sleep a little on the last 2 flight. Dennis picked us up at the airport and I walked right past him! Even the lady sitting close by laughed. 


At least I found time to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Working On Embroidery Today

 This morning, I took my time getting to the grange. I took my "goldwork" piece with me. I wanted to see if I could finish it. I w...