Sunday, July 2, 2023

Trip To Olympia & Then Quilting

Today we headed to Olympia for Patrick's blood tests. Then in a week or so, he does the MRI and CAT scans. Fingers crossed is cancer is shrinking. Time will tell. 

We stopped at Costco. Picked up a few things. We were surprised we didn't spend as much as we thought we would. Had lunch and then came home. 

I headed downstairs to work on the quilt top. It's not laying flat so it's going to be a mess for Connie. 


I added the light color border to the outside. It's now 64 x 74" and that's not the size I wanted! I wanted to get to 80". I could add another top and bottom but I really have had a pain in the rear with this one! So, I'm not going to add any more. I will tell Connie if it doesn't work out, we should just pitch it! This was one major pain. I really don't want to take the whole thing out and redo it. I would have to remove all the blocks and then square them up! I should have done that in the first place, but that's hind sight. 

I cut the backing for her and this quilt. I then started working on the other top. 


This is a start. I may have to make changes as some of the blocks I ran out of. 


The best thing is that I've used up most of the blocks. I have this left and still have a few more to make. I'm happy to see that I have used a lot of blocks! I'm just thrilled I could use so much of the scraps. I'm not a scrap quilter! This is working for me though. 


I'm running out of fabric but hopefully I can finish the quilt without having to figure out if I have more of this. I use what I have. And right now that isn't much! I will figure it out on Tuesday. 

The weather is really hot around here. We are getting hotter on Tuesday was well. I figure as long as I am downstairs, I'll be cool. I'm not looking forward to another hot day! I'm not one that can handle hot weather. 

At least with all the stuff we did today, I was able to enjoy the day and be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...