Tuesday, July 11, 2023

County Commissioner's Meeting and Quilting!

 This morning I was up and ready to go to the Lewis County Commissioner's meeting. Debbie picked me up and then we headed to the court house for the meeting. We arrived early and chatted. It was at 10 am and I believe we were done by 11 am. One of the commissioners was helping us get in contact with the Veterans gal. I believe it's the Veterans Association. Not sure. Anyway, we chatted with here after the meeting and she had a lot of ideas to help us raise money. It was amazing of the things she was coming up with! They have a lot of businesses that might be able to help us as well. I'm excited! 

After the meeting we headed to Dutch Brothers and sat outside to drink. We sat with a retired police officer from WA State. Candy was a blast! I enjoyed our chatting and it was funny how we sat and drank for about 2 hours. I think we surprised the coffee shop we were there so long. lol 

Came home and went downstairs to work on my quilt. I'm determined to get this quilt done. 


 I spent the afternoon getting this done. I had to recut another set of strips because I cut one too short. I have the border (same as the border inside) for the outside. 

Kirsti came over and got some of the square scraps and will do another quilt with those. She stayed a while and we chatted about the fair. I know where she is coming from and it's not bad.

After supper I went back down and sewed the labels onto a white backing. Those are now ready to be put on the back of the quilts. I also ordered 5 bolts of fabric and 2 batting. That should be in on Saturday. 

Then I came back up and worked on some paperwork. After all that, I pulled out my embroidery and finished the beads on the piece. I just need to fix the one flower and then it's done. I will have to wash it and figure out what I'm going to do with it. I will try and get my name put on it. Haven't decided how I'm going to do it yet. I may just stitch my name and date. It will show, but I don't care. Just need to finish the flower first. That's what's fun about being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Taking Each Day As It Comes

This morning, I was enjoying sleeping in. Patrick was up before me. He was feeling better today than he was yesterday.  Since he's here ...