Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Keeping Cool And Beading

 This morning Patrick headed off to play golf. He left early and I enjoyed sleeping in. After my exercises and some game playing I headed out to walk. As I was leaving the FedEx showed up and I helped her get my package out of the van. They wedged it in the middle and she had to lift it over the other stuff. Then she put the backing on a trolley and had it on the porch. It was heavy even for me. Then I headed out for my walking. Poor gal, today was her 3rd day on the job and she was lost. I had to direct her where to go after I had gone around the neighborhood twice. I told her where she needed to go. On my third trip she waved and thanked me for my help. 

Came back in the house and got some laundry going. Then I sat down to work on my beading. Turned the fans on. The cool breeze was nice! It was another hot day. When Patrick came home I shut the door. 

I was able to get 4 rows done. I believe I have about 5 more rows to go and then Sophie's ear will start showing up. It's will be fun to see! I was having fun. Now I need to order some more beads and then I should be good. I found a couple of my beads getting low. I thought I had the right amount but now I wonder. I had to replace 3 beads that broke today. It's that "satin" bead DB1818 and it's all falling apart with that number. Contacted Dawn at High Street Beading Company to see what I can replace it with. I told her I don't care at this point but I want to replace it. 

This is Connie Carters. I added the label on it this evening. I have one more to add a label on and then stitch the bindings of 3 others. It's getting there. Ten quilts are ready to go to the museum so far. 

My quilt is finally finished. It's now ready for the museum and to be given out. 

I didn't do much but beading and stitching labels down. I did embroider the holes I have in one of my jeans. Favorite ones too! So, hopefully that will make them last just a little longer. I can hope! That's what keeps me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...