This morning I slept till 10 am!! I couldn't believe it. I woke at 6 am and put my blinders on and went back to sleep. lol
When I finally got moving, I had to go outside and pick blueberries. I must have been out there 2 hours picking!
Got more blueberries than I expected. I filled the top bowl and had to come back and get the bowl on the right side. (This is how I clean them).
I put the berries on the counter and went downstairs to work on my quilt. I spend the afternoon sewing the rows together. Once that was done, I needed to add a border.
I stopped at this point and came up to work on supper. Then I cleaned up the berries and put them in 3 Ziplock Quarts bags. I filled them pretty full. I will give Phil some later. I have at least that much more on the tree that will be ready in a couple days.
After a little break, I headed back downstairs. I took the top border out and measured the material to find I was an inch short. So, I had to cut another piece for the top. I have it pinned on, but not sewn down. I figured since I was having trouble with the border, I would just call it done. After pinning the border on I cut some labels and pinned them to a white backing fabric.
So, now I'm ready to sew them as well. I will go back down tomorrow and finish what I started. I need a lot of labels so I will have to make sure I get them done tomorrow.
We will be going to moms tomorrow for crab supper. She called to say she has 5 crabs and wanted to know if we wanted to come over. I love crab and said yes. Patrick was looking at me like I was crazy! I told him "It's crab! Can't pass that up!" He just chuckled at me. We don't have to go till 3 pm, so I should have time to finish up the quilt and then cut backing and batting to get ready to take to Connie on Monday. I will need to wash the backing and need to put that in consideration as well.
I felt great being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



Comments
And, amazing to see how many blueberries you've harvested.