Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Busy But Not With My Quilt

 This morning I was up around the time Patrick was. He was going golfing and I was going to Physical therapy. When I arrived I told him I had done my exercises and asked about what to do while on vacation. He got after me that I need to walk EVERY DAY to get my muscles to loosen up. I told him I would try harder. I used to walk all the time but lately I don't have anyone to walk with and just don't do it. So he made me walk. We walked over to moms and we showed him his quilt. Then we walked around Stillwaters running into others we both know. I had to go back to moms because she had a quilt ready for me to take home. 

I went back to moms and picked up the quilt. She had somethings she wanted me to do. Then she went through her scrap drawer looking for whites and off whites to cut blocks that she will stitch stars on. I ended up being there for an hour. Mom told me about the neighbor across the way. They tended to stay to themselves till just recently. They gave me a nomination form for their son. I brought it home to work on.

Finally got home. I had to get some work done that I kept putting off. I vacuumed the house. Patrick helped me move furniture.  We got behind the couch and that's where the cat tree is. I even vacuumed the tree! We ended up emptying the cleaner 3X's!! That dang cat has a lot of hair! 

After all that work, I decided to pull out the quilts from the other room. I wanted to finish the binding on the one quilt - which I did. 

Debbie's challenge quilt is done. This was the third one. I put the label on it and then put it in the bag to go to the museum. 


Label #2 is done. I believe I have 8 quilts that need labels and one needs the binding stitched done. So, I have a full plate of adding labels. 


Label #3 is done. Connie did both of them, with Georgie helping on the top one of the 2. More of Georgie's blocks are getting done and on quilts. 

Now I'm done! I have the blanket and cat's bed washed and need to put them back. We cleaned up a little. I was in the mood to clean and pick up stuff. 

My beads of the month arrived and I will show them tomorrow. Right now I'm just happy today was another day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...