Sunday, December 22, 2019

A Day Behind...Finishing Mom's Gift

Yesterday was one of those days were we weren't home much. I did get more done on mom's ornament. I actually finished the last piece before putting them together. But that took all the time that we were home.

We went to the movie "CATS" and I hate to say, it was the worst movie I've seen in a long time. It was ALL music - which I couldn't understand with the music in the background taking over the song. So, the first 30 mins, both Patrick and I were thinking we should leave. I could not for the life of me, figure out the movie. I have no idea what it was about. Patrick told me that all the cats were dead and they were picking who goes on to another life. I did get the part where she picked a cat to go on to a new life. That was all I got. And that was in the END of the movie. Don't recommend it. There were a couple good parts. Loved the dancing and a couple other things but it really wasn't "entertainment."

Today I was up and waiting on Patrick. Once he was up, we headed to Costco. We went to get the Prime Rib that has become a tradition thanks to dad. It's a tradition we will keep. Once we got the Prime Rib, we headed back home. I was working on laundry and stalling when it came to working on moms ornament.

When I pulled it out, I had one piece missing. I finally found it on the floor under the table. Close to freaking out! I worked one the top of the ornament.


I had this much done before it was time to go bowling. I was having trouble on the size of the ball.


I had to modify the beading at the top. It had too much with the one that came with the pattern, so I changed it. It turned out awesome. I have the top part done and tomorrow I will be spending most of the day working on the tassels to get this done and wrapped for Christmas Day!

We went bowling.....not my better day. We had a potluck. Finding out that potluck and bowling don't work for me. I seem to eat and not bowl with crap! I bowled a 142, 160, 172. At least I improved! UGH We won 2 games. Patrick didn't bowl because he injured himself and didn't want to make it worse. He's bowling on Thursday...if he's feeling better. Kim gave me a gift. I told her I was going to make her gift but I didn't get the chance. So, I told her when I start, I will send a photo so see can see it's started. I'm planning to do her a cat ornament. She lost one of her cats, so I think that will be a good one to do for her. I was going to do her an ornament and just hadn't been able to get started. Plan to get moving on it! lol

With the way things have been going over the last few weeks, I'm happy to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...