Wednesday, December 11, 2019

A Day Of Cooking

This morning I was getting ready for mom to come over. We planned on making Christmas goodies. Mom picked up a few things before coming over. I even put all my beading away. I'm not sure when I will pull it back out because I have the BE group coming over on Monday.

We started out making fudge. Then we got going on peanut brittle. We kept busy all day long. We did one thing after another. We made sugar cookies and that was the only cookie that didn't have chocolate in them. We made 2 batches of fudge. One for mom and one for us


This is the brittle and the snowball cookies. We tried out some new recipes and I think they all passed mustard. We will keep the recipes for another time. I really liked the sugar cookies that were made into little cups. They had a mouse chocolate in the center. Only made 24 of those, but should have made more.

Patrick picked up chicken for supper and then after mom left we headed to bowling. We didn't have a team to bowl against because the other teams teammates were in FL and his wife couldn't bowl because she hurt her knee. So, we bowled on our own. I did really good tonight. I beat Patrick all three games. I bowled a 196, 172, 198. Not bad considering how I've been bowling. I'm just thrilled I'm getting back up there. I did move my average to a 166. I had it at 169 but then couldn't bowl worth anything. Now, I'm doing a lot better.

Today didn't end up being a day of crafting but I was Happy Baking. Tomorrow is another day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting.

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...