Monday, December 16, 2019

BE Christmas Party

This morning we were up and cleaning. We got the table set for 8 people and we even got a few other things done. There was treats on the table with cheese and crackers.

Then they started arriving. We ended up with 11 of us total, so had to bring down more dishes, silverware (ran out), and mugs. It was so much fun! I couldn't believe how many showed up. It was our whole group! Pat Campbell came from Bellevue with her friend Peggy from another group. They had a blast. We gave out gifts and were luck enough to have enough gifts to give out. We played the "right/left" game with the gifts. It was so much fun! It was funny too. They all enjoyed it and it was over around 2:30 pm. I was so glad that Cherry came! She has a hard time walking but did really good with our stairs.

Why is it, when we are having so much fun, no one thinks to bring out a camera?! Not even the phones. Guess you can say us old ladies don't think about pictures!

After they left, I got caught up on a couple games. Then I started working on my genealogy. I added quite a few names. I have even been getting back to the late 1500's. The 1600's are still in the USA. Most from the Marshfield, MA area. Patrick's family is in that area too. So, I've been working on Marshfield and Plymouth areas. I may even wind up with a few more names in the witch hunt at this rate. I think I have connections to a couple of them but haven't gotten back far enough to see. The one gal that was hung for killing her twins is the sister to the gal that scalped Indians. I think I had a connection to that family as well.

So, it turned out to be a fun day, but not a day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...