Monday, December 30, 2019

Piecing (Yes Piecing) And Beading

Today has been interesting. I was thinking about this retirement thing. Since Patrick has been retired, I seem to be sleeping in till 9 am - which I RARELY did when he was working. He would be up at 6:30 am and I would go back to sleep for about an hour. Then I was up, putting clothes in the washer, and getting my day going. NOW, since he retired....He doesn't get up till around 10 am lately. So, I can't do much around the house because he likes to complain at how I make way too much noise for him to sleep. (Poor thing - not!) I have done what I always did, take a shower after I get up. He don't care for that because I make noise with the shower running. I'm dressed and ready to get moving when he finally gets up. It's funny because I remember dad going through that for about a year after he retired too. I'd call him around 9:30 am and he still wasn't up or he was just getting up. Later on, they started getting up around 8 am. So, in the meantime, I'm still getting used to this. I'm not getting as much done as I was when he worked.

I finally was able to move around, and I heated up the stove downstairs. I wanted to try and work on the quilt for Betty Lou's grandson. I'm not real happy with it, but I kinda liked it. Patrick didn't like it till I showed him the stars that go on top and on the bottom. It broke it up a little.


The stars did help it. But I sent a photo to mom and she called back to say she didn't like it. It needs to be "fixed." I was sorta shocked she didn't like it. But then I remembered she doesn't like scrap quilts anymore then I do. She said she had some white.


The white was a thought to break things up. I thought about strips - or Patrick did. He said the stars helped it and would work. Not according to mom. So, I think I will take all this over to her place on Thursday and we will work on it. I'll go ahead and sew the other 5 stars together so I can take it done to her place. Then we can talk about it and fix it while Patrick is bowling on Thursday night.

I gave up.

Then I wanted to do beading but can't bring out my birds to work on because it is usually set up on the dinning room table. I can't leave it there because we are having company on Wednesday. So, I decided to go ahead and start the next small project.


This is 2 1/2 rows. I had 4 rows on it but ended up taking it out because I was short a bead. Not sure where it was because that's the beginning of the project. This is the Polar Bear project. It's a little smaller than the birds. I can do this at my chair at night.

I didn't want to do the cross stitch - I actually thought about it. I really need to pick another project for cross stitching to get me back into it.

At least I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...