Thursday, December 12, 2019

A Rainy, Busy Day

This morning Patrick was up and out the door way before me. He went to work on his CEU's for his certificate. They had a meeting in Olympia. That lasted all day Of course the road to and back from Olympia was awful and pouring rain.

I got up later, and was out the door by 9 am. First I headed to the post office to get the quilt out in the mail. It's ready to be awarded to Lester Dingus. I wanted to make sure he got a quilt, and that's the least we could do. Then it was to the bank because I had a lot of coins. Once that was done, I went to Starbucks for hot chocolate, and headed to Sharon's. I should have sipped it before I left the shop, but I didn't. It was COFFEE. I HATE COFFEE. I love the smell - hate the drink! Called them when I was in Centralia and was told I could get a replacement for it there. I went in and they were sweet enough to fix it for me. I brought the coffee back home for Patrick. He can heat it up or drink it cold. I don't care, as long as I don't have to drink it. Back on my way to Sharon's. She lives in Tumwater, just outside of Olympia.

I arrived around 10:30 am. We got busy with all the beads. I got my order in yesterday and called to see if she wanted to go over them today. We went through "who bought what" and then she paid me for her part of the beads. I had a lot of beads. Part of her cost was the thread. They have really upped the cost and now we pay tax and shipping from Fire Mountain Gems. They used to give me free shipping and I didn't have to pay tax. BUT then WA state got busy and they have been going after other states for not collecting WA state tax. I collected another quilt for QOV from Bill. Then I worked with Sharon on some of the beading stuff. She found another site with patterns for beading. I'm not too crazy about them though.

Came home after stopping at Safeway to get milk. I was getting caught up on my shows when Patrick came in. After supper, I got a lot of Christmas Cards done and ready to mail. I'm a little behind but I was waiting on Patrick to correct my letter. Then I couldn't find the Christmas cards so he bought me more yesterday. Now it's done. They will go out in the mail tomorrow.

Patrick went bowling and I finished up on the cards. Then I pulled out my beads and tried to organize it. I got my new beads numbered and ready.


I've got labels in them to let me know which pattern the beads go to. This is the snowman one. I still need 12 more beads, but I'm getting there.


Since it's a big pattern, it takes a lot of beads.


I have even got the different beads in different boxes. I got these from another company. They were harder to find. I have 2 companies that I buy beads from. All of these are the delica 11's. I have all I need for the polar bear pattern. That one is smaller than the one I'm doing with the birds. The snowman is a lot bigger than the birds. So, we'll see how that goes.

Now I'm done. I won't be bring out the birds beads out for awhile. I have the BE group coming on Monday. So, my table is to be cleared for them. I will probably work on the ornaments instead. Or I may even go back down and work on a couple quilts to get them done as I really need to finish the one for a friends grandson. I will see how things go tomorrow. Patrick will be at work because they asked for his help. He's not retired till Dec 25th, so he can be called back to work. It's up to him if he wants to go in. Guess they have been screwing things up already. I hope the new guy makes it.

I'm getting closer to being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...