Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Pulling Out Christmas Decorations

This morning we decided to go downstairs and pull out all the Christmas decorations under the stairs. Oh, my! We had boxes, and boxes, and boxes and more boxes under the stairs. We took each box and went through with the questions - Keep, Donate, or Trash. UGH! I had so much! I knew Phil and Katt didn't want handmade ornaments. I went through 2 boxes of all that, pulled out the ones that were made for them by a very dear friend. The rest were gone. Some had my name on them, and they ended up being thrown out. I didn't want them anymore and I know they didn't either. Then it was time to go through all the Santa Claus' I collected. I decided there were a few I would be willing to give away. I kept one tall (4') Santa and gave the other away. I did keep my musical stuffed Santa's, snowmen, and reindeer. By the time we were done, we had half the truck full of donations. My work room is full of all the stuff we took out of the stairs. We went through so much, and we haven't really decided on what we will display. So, after cleaning up all the stuff, we decided to call it a day, and tomorrow will be another day to organize and put away what we don't use in the decorations. I couldn't believe how many balls and lights we had. We put those in a couple boxes. My room looks like the tornado missed my house and hit the quilt room instead. I have a lot of work to do. I have a hard time deciding on what I want to display. Patrick's really not into a lot of decorations, so we do it a little at a time. After all that work, we didn't bring the tree in yet. That will be when we get the table that Patrick ordered. We have really been cleaning things up. Amazing what all we collected over the 37 years of marriage! Makes me wonder what the heck I was thinking!!

After all that, I decided to come up and work on my beading. I listened to my book (with ear phones because Patrick watched TV).


I was able to get a few more rows done. I'm now at 193 - 192/446. The bird head is coming out now. I've been working on the tail and and head. If you look closely you can see the tail if you think of the birds side head to tail. He's sideways.

After all that, I'm beat. We did watch the CMA Christmas special but I was a little disappointed. I love Country Music and this wasn't country. So, I just played on my tablet.

Now I'm ready to call it a night. At least it was a day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting.!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...