Saturday, December 14, 2019

Enjoying Saturday

This morning I actually slept in later than I have in a long time. Poor Patrick went to sleep on the couch because of my snoring. Poor guy.

After breakfast and just sitting around, I decided to go downstairs and try to get some more work done on the quilt top for my friends grandson. I have a hard time sometimes working with scraps. I do try not to get the same print next to each other. So far, it seems to work. Then after a couple of hours working on it, I started to "over think" it.


Don't look at the stars - those are in the back of the piece I'm working on. The applique stars go to the panel. The stripes and the 3 blocks that are bordered are what I'm working on. The fabric that falls over the block in the lower right, is just strips right now. I will sew them up and then trim them so I can sew the block on. It's a bit busy, but I think it will work. I will have 5 stars like the one in the top right corner, on top and bottom of the stripes when I'm done. I'm not sure which stars I'll use, but if I remember right Goergie said she made 6 of each, so I'll have a couple left over to do something else with. It's a work in progress. The strips on the left are already sewn and about the length I want them to be.Called it quits when I started to over think the strips. I was trying not to have too much blue at the top, then I didn't want too much red where the border blue meet up. I was moving strips around and then decided to call it done and go back tomorrow. The left side is all sewn together to the point of the flying geese block. I'll do more tomorrow or later this week. We'll see when I feel like sewing again.

We then went and picked mom up and took her to the theater. We saw the play "Scrooge, the Musical" at the Evergreen Playhouse in Centralia. It was different from last year but really good. I really did enjoy it. There were a couple things I think they could have done differently but overall it was a really good play. Love the characters.

Came home and called it a day. It was a day I can say I was finally Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...