Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New Years Eve - Retirement Style

This morning we were at the grocery store getting groceries. Mostly for tomorrow. Nick and Joann will be here tomorrow. We'll play games and celebrate then.

After we got back, I finished the row on the beads for the Polar Bear. I really had the itch to do some cross stitch, so I took the other piece apart - no I didn't take all the thread out - just put it all away and got it off the frame. I'm not that crazy to take out what I did. Even though I didn't want to do it. I then went and pulled out another kit. I decided to do the cat sampler like the one I have on the wall. This one is "Spring Cat" and I thought I took out the winter cat. Oh, well. Never fails, think I took one and ended up with the other one I was looking at. The bag ripped, but I'm still using it. Then I went and tried to copy it. Actually make it a little bigger. I set the print for 120% then made a copy. Had to reset it, and was looking at the "preview" before copying. Well apparently I took too long doing that, because it came out the exact same size. I had to go back and reset it. Then I copied the wrong side, and had to do it all over again. I finally got the left bottom corner that I wanted.


Once all that was done, I was able to get started. I'm really looking forward to getting this one going.


I was able to get this much done so far. I'm really enjoying this! It feels good to get back to cross stitching. I will work on my beading during the day and then cross stitching at night. The beading has to be done at the table, so I have this to work on during the evenings.

Now it's about 3 hours before the New Year. We are calling it a day. There was a time when I would sit up and watch the celebrations on TV, but the older I get, the less anyone wants to stay up with me. So, I end up playing games at night in bed. Let's see if I actually stay up till midnight. I seem to be staying up late at night and sleeping in later. I almost feel like a teenager all over again, but this is "retirement age" which means things change. It's not like it used to be. lol Life is funny. We keep changes as we get older. Some of us even get more akes (sp) and pains. We can't seem to stand up after sitting for so long. It's so funny!!

So, I'm calling it a day. I wish all of you a very Happy NEW YEAR! May our 2020 year be awesome! Best wishes to all and a Happy New Year! May we all be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...