Saturday, December 7, 2019

Still Working On HIS Retirement

This morning I was up early. I decided to treat today like I usually do for a Saturday.

Patrick has been sick all week. He's got a cold. So, he's napping from time to time. He retired 3 weeks ago. I'm still trying to figure out when I can get my time with the TV. I used to work on cleaning in the morning and either work on my beading or sit in front of the TV to work on quilting/cross stitching/crocheting. WELL, that ain't happening. I haven't been able to see any of my taped shows for 3 weeks. I try to sit and work on my beading and he wants to watch a movie. Today he was watching some history stuff. I watched a couple of them, then gave up and went to work on my beading. Of course, that's when he wanted to know if I wanted to go get my ornaments for my beads. So, we went to Kiaya's for the "yearly" ornament. From there we went to Walmart to get the ball ornaments. They really didn't have very many glass balls, and these look a little bigger than the ones I really need. I'll work with them. Not a big deal. Then we headed back home. I thought we went to 3 places, but maybe not. We got back home and he sat in his chair, fell asleep with the TV on History Channel. I then went to the table and worked on my beading with my ear phones listening to a book. I'm happy!


I'm now on row 199!! I'm so close to the 200!! I was looking at this and realized I thought the branch on the right was the tail.....it's actually in the middle. I'm slowly getting the bird body coming. I'm working on the head right now. It's really working. I may have to find another place to put the work to take a photo of it.

I even got some laundry going. Then dinner. Once dinner was over, he cleaned up and I wrapped some of my photos in the living room. At least that is decorated for now. Still waiting for the table he ordered so we can put our tree up. So, right now, wrapped photos is it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with this retirement. I'm not able to do what I really want to. He comes up with ideas, or he's taking over the living room. What to do, what to do.

At least it was a half way day of being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...