Friday, December 13, 2019

Sewing And A Movie

Okay, I know I posted earlier about retirement. I know I'm still working on it. If he knew I was posting about his retirement he would probably have a cow. Oh, well.

After he finally got up, he left for work. He was helping the new guy with the monthly reports. While he was gone, I went downstairs to work on a QOV quilt for a friends grandson. I really don't have a set plan, so I'm just sewing and going from there. A lot of the strips are the same color. I will work on getting more strips of other fabrics. It's kinda fun to sew them together.


It's the flag block with the strips and the flying geese block. The rest of it is my working on the panel behind it. I need to fix the bottom part where there is a gap. I'm thinking I might put an applique star there. Not sure if I will though. May make another block of strips there. There is no rhyme or reason to this quilt. I will just keep thinking about it. I have strips to sew together and get moving on finishing this. I have star blocks on the top and bottom. So, I need to figure out the size. I don't measure as I go. It's going to be interesting how this comes together. After about an hour or two of working on this, Patrick came home. Told me I had till about 1:30 pm. Then we were off to the movies.

We went to "Jemanji" movie. It was awesome. I enjoyed the movie so much! It was so good! It kept me going! Well worth seeing. They ended it with a possibility of another show. Came home and I worked on my family tree. I got a lot of names added to my tree. I'm trying to get back far enough to see how many of my family and Patrick's family are part of the Witch Hunt in 1696. I know of Mary Perkins Bradford that is on my side, and Samuel Wardwell on Patrick's side. I'm wondering how many more there are. I'll finish reading the book and then I'll work on the history again. It may have some history for me to work with.

It was fun to at least get a few things going today. It can actually be said to be a day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...