Friday, December 20, 2019

A Day Of Flooding, Partying, And Beading

This morning I was out the door by 8:30 a.m. Arrived early at moms. We got a few things ready for the quilt group.

On my way to moms, I saw Jackson Hwy getting ready to flood. It was about 3 inches from the Hwy. I was able to get passed that and on the freeway (I-5) to get to moms. When I found there were 11 of us at moms for the Christmas party - and meeting - I decided I was going to leave early. I don't get a good place to sit when it's that crowded. There really isn't any room for all those people at once. I'm going to stop going on Fridays to her quilt group. I end up moving out of my chair every time someone new comes in the door. I'm not that crazy about it. We did our sock exchange. It was so much fun! Till Bev took my socks! - Again this year!! She took my gift last year too!! That gal is on my naughty list!! I still got a nice pair of socks. It was funny that Ethel got both of mom's socks. She gave socks to her at their Tuesday quilt group, and she got the other one today. One pair was Santa and the other pair was Snowmen.

I left before lunch and went to get mom's gift certificate. Then I stopped at KFC because I had a coupon for a free sandwich with a purchase of a drink. It actually was really good. Then I picked up some stamps for the water group. I need to get bills out for the water. Just not in the mood to do it right now. I'm enjoying the holidays too much! lol

Came home and almost had to take another route. Jackson Hwy was closed. Rush road was closed. Bishop road was closed on the other side. I did have to go through some water to get home. I bet they were going to close that road shortly after I got passed. Patrick went to the movies and he had to take another route to get home. Said the roads were closed but he knew how to get around it all.

Got home and worked on my baking. I started my sourdough last night and Patrick took it out around 10 am. I had it in the frig over night. It's an Artisan bread. First time I tried it.


It turned out awesome. I changed some of the flour and added some potato flour and brown rice flour. It really did come out awesome!

While I was waiting in-between the turn process, I was beading.


I finished the first of the last 2. I have one more to do. That's the one started on the left. I'll get that done soon I hope. I really do want to get this done. It's coming along I really do love doing the beading This one went great. Didn't have any trouble getting this one done. I actually got my world chart right on this one. lol

Looking forward to finishing this and staying Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...